WebRTC World Feature Article Free eNews Subscription

November 19, 2014

Twilio Announces Expanded Services at WebRTC Conference & EXPO

Twilio, which enables phones, VoIP, and messaging to be embedded into Web desktop and mobile software, today at WebRTC Conference & EXPO announced the Twilio Network Traversal Service. With its new offering, Twilio is empowering developers by assisting them with some of their largest hurdles.

Media sharing is difficult in the enterprise setting. In a perfect world, it could be shared from peer-to-peer but what tends to happen is a firewall or NAT gets in the way. One of the most popular methods is STUN, which its servers get devices behind the firewall to connect a device’s private IP and local port and the public IP and port. Once identified by the device, media content can be exchanged directly from peer-to-peer. Twilio’s Network Traversal Service offers this for free.

According to the company, the STUN tactic works 85 percent of the time. What about the other 15 percent of the time? Typically, the 15 percent of STUN failure is caused by an enterprise with Symmetric NAT, which can be combated with a TURN server. In this case, the media has to be run through media relay point to its destination.

Twilio is helping to shape the future of communications wits innovative and scalable solutions. It grows with its partners, and the nature of sharing Al Cook, product manager Twilio will be participating in the festivities this week at WebRTC Conference & EXPO in San Jose, Calif. Cook will join two panel discussions and give a keynote presentation. The first panel was “WebRTC and Wireless – Does WebRTC Eliminate the Per-minute model?” on Nov. 19 and later that same afternoon he gave his keynote presentation. Nov. 20 from 1 to 1:50 p.m. he will be joining the panel “What is the WebRTC Killer App?”

Stay tuned, as the WebRTC space is seeing leaps and bounds of innovation, and the best place to keep up is WebRTC World.

Want to learn more about the latest in WebRTC? Be sure to attend WebRTC Conference & Expo, Nov. 18 – 20 in San Jose, Calif. Stay in touch with everything happening at the event -- follow us on Twitter.

Edited by Alisen Downey
Get stories like this delivered straight to your inbox. [Free eNews Subscription]


Free WebRTC eNewsletter

Sign up now to recieve your free WebRTC eNewsletter for all up to date news and conference details. Its free! what are you waiting for.